- He will always love me, love my quirkiness
- wants to remain friends (this is a shocker, he always told me that if we broke up I’d never see him again, that I would be “on my own”)
- That I’m super special, I don’t know it, and it will upset him to no end if I end up with someone who doesn’t recognize it or treat me as well as he did
- That now I can “move on” and date whom I’d like (he said it as if I had someone in the pipe)
- AND that he is going away this weekend…
All his topics caught me by surprise, however, the last one was “it” for me. I know men – they don’t break up with someone unless they have someone waiting for them. Every boyfriend/husband I’ve been with this has been the case. Men don’t move on unless they already have someone else.
I don’t know who the ATrain has met or where he is going, but he is on a natural high, he is now rich beyond belief and it doesn’t surprise me that he’s “found” a new woman. He even told me tonight that women ask him how I’m doing, in anticipation that we have broken up so they can pounce. Is he a catch? Totally. Is this what I need to hear while he is breaking up with me? Absolutely Not.
So there you have it. I’m back on the market. All 43 years of me, worn, weathered, battered, beaten beyond belief, in no shape or form to date. I’ll need to get healthy before I get back out there, which given the way I do it, I’ll be reclusive for the next 6-12 months, focus on my health. Maybe now I can lose my extra weight (because I’m hiding away??).. who the hell knows.
What am I going to do? I’m going to recover, focus on my career, lose some weight and get my confidence back. THEN I will begin dating again. Then, maybe then, I’ll meet someone who wants a partner in crime, someone to wants to be taken care of AND wants to take care of someone… WE shall see.
Boy am I tired. Life has got to be/get easier. Will this breakup make my life easier? Time will tell. For now, I’m surprised that it happened now but not surprised that it happened. And it will hurt like hell when I find out who ATrain is courting (it always hurts to know you’ve been lied to)..