About the Blogger
My real name is not Paula. It is a nickname lovingly given to me by co-workers So what’s in this Paula? Integrity, honesty, compassion, empathy, and unbridled enthusiasm. I do my best to focus on the positive without being a Pollyanna.
I started to blog after I separated from my now EX-husband. It was therapeutic for me to write – and to receive support from so many people. My purpose in sharing my life is to a) figure my “stuff” out, and b) to help others who are struggling with what life throws at them.
With that said, no one goes through life alone. I have amazing people around me – they are described below.
I will also be including in this blog advice from my dearest friends. All have known me for years and supported me thru thick and thin – helped guide me thru some of the hardest times in my life.
- C-Licious – person I hang out with the most … always offers sound advice and great friendship. She and her family have adopted me …let me hang out with them all the time… Love this chick!
- Unicorns – one of my best friends and greatest travel companion. There is nothing we wont try, at least once.. and everything always sounds like a great idea! She is the one I get into the most “trouble” with…
- FreeBird – One of my most active and endearing friends.. she is an Aries, and is always up to something – sometimes she takes me with her… sometimes she has to leave me at home so I can rest.
- SmartyPants – my friend who has known me the longest in CA .. since 1995.. smartest and funniest girl in the room. she has a beautiful daughter that adores me and I her…I call her HulaHoops because she is my hula hooping, ping pong playing, bike riding, kite flying, craft doing gal pal.
- Feisty Filly – Nothing to do with a horse, everything to do with her heritage (Filipino) and her spirit (watch out people, this lady gets what she wants!!). You want this woman on your side, trust me. She is married to Money – this guy is so cool.. he’s soooo Money.
- Leo, my token male friend. I met him back in 2004, when AbFab came to live with me. He helped guide me thru the crazy teenage years, and was, other than my friends, the only support I had (EX had decided to focus on himself). We are still friends, see each other for lunch about once a month, and he/his friendship means the world to me.
- Bitter Betty. First San Francisco friend (we met 16 years ago). We were inseparable until I had a bout with low self-esteem and became a recluse. We have reconnected and its like I never fell off the cliff.
- Spicy. A woman I met while still married, fun as hell… and now a part of my life. She is awesome – so smart, funny, down to earth, coolest chick. My friends love her.. she is fabulous. She has a young son named Little Flirt.. the man came out of the womb knowing how to sweet talk the ladies. He is good… and I’m wrapped around his gorgeous little fingers…. He is just so darling I adore him!!
- AbFab – my niece, the coolest chick I know… I’ve known her for over 20 years. She has the most darling-est daughters.. Mayonnaise and Shanaynay.
- LilDarlin’ is my other niece… so darling, so sweet… so skinny. I swear I’m going to crack her wide open when I giver her one of my hugs (I love to squeeze and shake a kid until they can’t stop laughing)..
- My Bubba. My youngest sister’s son. I felt connected with him from the day he was born. I would have adopted him IF it had been an option. Love love love love love this smart, fun-loving kid.
Let me know if you have any questions or if I can add any additional insight into who I am and what I’m doing.