About the Blogger
My real name is not Paula. It is a nickname lovingly given to me by co-workers So what’s in this Paula? Integrity, honesty, compassion, empathy, and unbridled enthusiasm. I do my best to focus on the positive without being a Pollyanna (I hate Pollyanna’s).
I started blogging after I separated from my now EX-husband. It was therapeutic for me to write – and to receive support from so many people. My purpose in sharing my life is for 2 simple reasons:
- to work through my “stuff”
- to help others who are struggling with what life throws at them
If you are going through “stuff”… you are NOT alone. We all have our trials and tribulations, and putting it out there actually helps! The words of wisdom I have received from followers and readers has made a tremendous impact on me… and changed my life for the better.
With that said, no one goes through life alone. I have amazing people around me – they are described below.
I will also be including in this blog advice from my dearest friends. All have known me for years and supported me thru thick and thin – supported me during some of the darkest and hardest times in my life.
- AbFab – my niece, the coolest chick I know… I’ve known her for over 20 years. She has the most darling-est daughters.. Mayonnaise and Shanaynay, and now, as of 2016, has twins – “Time for a Cry” Baby Boy and “Bad Ass” Baby Girl.
- LilDarlin’ is my other niece… so darling, so sweet… so skinny. I swear I’m going to crack her wide open when I giver her one of my hugs (I love to squeeze and shake a kid until they can’t stop laughing)..
- My Bubba. My youngest sister’s son. I felt connected with him from the day he was born. I would have adopted him IF it had been an option. Love love love love love this smart, fun-loving kid.
- Unicorns – one of my best friends and greatest travel companion. There is nothing we wont try, at least once.. and everything always sounds like a great idea! We are loads of fun and a little bit of trouble. 😉
- C-Licious – wisest person in the world. Always offers sound advice and great friendship and no judgement. She and her family have adopted me …let me hang out with them all the time… Love this chick!
- SmartyPants – my friend who has known me the longest in CA .. since 1995.. smartest and funniest girl in the room. she has a beautiful daughter that adores me and I her…I call her HulaHoops because she is my hula hooping, ping pong playing, bike riding, kite flying, craft doing gal pal.
- Feisty – Nothing to do with a horse, everything to do with her heritage (Filipino) and her spirit (watch out people, this lady gets what she wants!!). You want this woman on your side, trust me. She is married to Money – this guy is so cool.. he’s soooo Money.
- Harold my token male friend. I met him back in 2004, when AbFab came to live with me. He helped guide me thru the crazy teenage years, and was, other than my friends, the only support I had (EX had decided to focus on himself). We are still friends, see each other for lunch about once a month, and he/his friendship means the world to me.
- Spicy. A woman I met through a friend of my now EX’s.. Now a very real part of my life. She is married… great husband and kids. She adopted me – wouldn’t let me fade away/from her life. I am forever grateful for her friendship. She is awesome – so smart, funny, down to earth, coolest chick. My friends love her.. she is fabulous. She has a young son named Little Flirt.. the man came out of the womb knowing how to sweet talk the ladies. He is just so darling I adore him – and he certainly has me under his spell!
- FreeBird – One of my most active and endearing friends.. she is an Aries, and is always up to something – sometimes she takes me with her… sometimes she has to leave me at home so I can rest.
- Bitter Betty. First San Francisco friend (we met 16 years ago). We were inseparable until I had a bout with low self-esteem and became a recluse. We have reconnected and its like I never fell off the cliff.
Let me know if you have any questions or if I can add any additional insight into who I am and what I’m doing.