This is the sign I hung on my door this evening. Yep, the fun hater in the neighborhood is me. Never thought it would be – I love Halloween…. but today, this week, this year, not me.
Mr. Showtime and I had planned a simple party, a Napoleon Dynamite character party, where I would be LaFawnDah and he would be my Kip. Obviously that didn’t happen. When will I get to be LaFawnDuh???
I just had dinner with GFP, and I have had enough to drink to say things I probably shouldn’t… but here goes:
- Love GFP… because his friendship means the world to me, and there are no strings attached. I love that he is in my life… and he wouldn’t be if he was as black and white as Mr. Showtime and Dear Paula Letter Writer were about relationships.
- I make the best Pomegranate Martini’s … so delicious they are dangerous.
- Breaking Bad is the best series EVER. I just finished Season 3 on Netflix… Bummer for me. Season 4 just finished but Hulu doesn’t have rights to run it (along with a bunch of other shows). I’m getting close to discontinuing my relationship with Hulu.
- My parents are coming to visit this weekend… I’m planning a Meet the Parents night… more deets coming.
- Unicorns is gone. Once again she has galloped out of my life, into her own… she will be living in Boston soon. I can’t wait to visit. 🙂
In general, I spent the day/the last few days feeling down (Katie’s departure, The end of my time with Mr. Showtime). Its been hard to get up these last few mornings… not too hard to pick up a glass of XXX (goose, wine, etc)… I need to snap out of it quickly…. The upcoming holidays surely don’t help. I’ll figure something out…
Oh, I also have decided to start focusing on my New Years Resolutions. I take them very seriously, and I need something to focus on right now… work has been good but very frustrating, and my love life.. well.. hasn’t been that great.
O.k.. so I’m done with my public pity party. Halloween has come and gone… I didn’t pass out OR eat any candy today…… Makes this a good day in my book.