This is the sign I hung on my door this evening. Yep, the fun hater in the neighborhood is me. Never thought it would be – I love Halloween…. but today, this week, this year, not me.
Mr. Showtime and I had planned a simple party, a Napoleon Dynamite character party, where I would be LaFawnDah and he would be my Kip. Obviously that didn’t happen. When will I get to be LaFawnDuh???
I just had dinner with GFP, and I have had enough to drink to say things I probably shouldn’t… but here goes:
- Love GFP… because his friendship means the world to me, and there are no strings attached. I love that he is in my life… and he wouldn’t be if he was as black and white as Mr. Showtime and Dear Paula Letter Writer were about relationships.
- I make the best Pomegranate Martini’s … so delicious they are dangerous.
- Breaking Bad is the best series EVER. I just finished Season 3 on Netflix… Bummer for me. Season 4 just finished but Hulu doesn’t have rights to run it (along with a bunch of other shows). I’m getting close to discontinuing my relationship with Hulu.
- My parents are coming to visit this weekend… I’m planning a Meet the Parents night… more deets coming.
- Unicorns is gone. Once again she has galloped out of my life, into her own… she will be living in Boston soon. I can’t wait to visit. 🙂
In general, I spent the day/the last few days feeling down (Katie’s departure, The end of my time with Mr. Showtime). Its been hard to get up these last few mornings… not too hard to pick up a glass of XXX (goose, wine, etc)… I need to snap out of it quickly…. The upcoming holidays surely don’t help. I’ll figure something out…
Oh, I also have decided to start focusing on my New Years Resolutions. I take them very seriously, and I need something to focus on right now… work has been good but very frustrating, and my love life.. well.. hasn’t been that great.
O.k.. so I’m done with my public pity party. Halloween has come and gone… I didn’t pass out OR eat any candy today…… Makes this a good day in my book.
Sorry I goofed. New smart phone same dumb user. To recap, you know your self and the tell tail signs of depression. Watch out for them and know that it will only prolong the stages of moving on.
Embrace the consistency of your family. The fact that much of what they do is annoying at times is a sign that the world outside has not changed just because some dumb ass does not have the charictor to realize his own short commings.
The unfafilled plans for a party, a vacation, a shared place to dwell are the worst. They were the hardest for me to shake out of my head. They like all things will fade when new and better dreams come along and are realized.
Be strong and be well H.S.
Been there done that!
For those of us who have loved (or cared for) and had it taken away, we know there is a cycle to moving on. You as self aware enOugh to see yourself sliding downthe rabbit whole of depression and kn
Tough times, but a positive outlook. This impresses me.
We all have some shitty times but seeing them for what they are — temporary — is the most realistic and practical approach.
Your hardy attitude is inspiring and helpful. Good luck with the Resolutions! Assuming they’re from Jan 2011, I hope none of them “Do XYZ for 3 months”!!