So, I finally have some time to catch my breath. I’m in Boston, just finished up with some training. I got to work with my new account executive (my new work partner in crime), delivered a new demo, and learn new and interesting things. All fun… but exhausting.
Because of my last experience with work travel, I decided to stay Thursday night and fly home Friday…. this was a mistake this time around. Everyone took off today (all are from the East Coast, making it a bit easier). So, I’m now hanging out in my hotel room, drinking wine, and watching a movie. I would much rather be on a flight home, sleep in my own bed with my furry ladies. Oh well, this is the way it worked out… not a problem.
So many things to catch up on. And in the spirit of the list, here are the events:
- Weekend in Boston. My weekend with my BFF Unicorns was fabulous! We planned for nothing, experienced everything. We laughed, cried, drank, slept, flirted, etc.. We also went to a bead store, Bead and Fiber, where I picked up a few things so I can finish up on a few jewelry projects. I have many many hobbies, one of them being hula hooping which I’ve shared, another is jewelry making. I loooove making my own pieces, one-of-a-kinds… its a creative outlet, one that I enjoy immensely. One of these days I’lll post a few pictures of my pieces…
- Invite To Hawaii. One of the men on my roster,
Mr. Energy, EGChicken Legs from here on out, invited me to Hawaii for a long weekend. I know, WOW. I decided that I would go and check it out. Why not? My heart certainly misses the men from the past, but they aren’t available so whats a girl to do? Move on is right…? Not sure Mr. EGChicken Legs is the right guy for me, but no way to know for sure unless I dive in and check it out.
- Presentation. I did a new presentation at work, and actually got kuddo’s for doing something different and interesting.. I guess I’m starting to feel like I know the stuff (which can be a very dangerous thing)…
So, two more things I wanted to write about …
- one of them is a situation I experienced while with BFF Unicorn. We were at the Renaissance Marriott in Boston, which is a fabulous hotel… at the bar we met a gentleman, a young one at that. He was very intrigued by us…. he invited us back to his room, which was a suite with a private jacuzzi… and I blurted out “We Have Swimsuits!!!” . Yes I did. And we did – I packed two swimsuits so BFF Unicorn and I could enjoy the public pool/jacuzzi. Well, needless to say… I do not think he cared that I packed swimsuits… Nothing happened. We enjoyed one more drink with the good-looking man smart but young enough to be my son… I’m such a dork….
- the other is that I’m thinking about starting a new page, an advice to men column, sharing my experiences about what men should do to get a lady, vs. what they actually do, which doesn’t get the lady. Men do make bold moves, put themselves out there, but sometimes, their follow-thru is lack-luster, and they lose an opportunity … my advice column would be what TO DO..
O.k.. I’m off to bed.. I’m exhausted. I’ve got to get up early and catch my flight home.
sounds like a great trip! aside from all that work nonsense, way to go on the invite to Hawaii you little firecracker you! 😉
uh, and too funny about ‘we have swimsuits’ …. a dork after my own heart.