So I just finished doing all my travel expenses.. gosh, I’ve been procrastinating doing them, now they are done. Feels so good. My weekend can now begin..
So what’s on my roster this weekend? A few random things. With all that I had going on work wise, I just didn’t have time to make many plans. And the two girlfriends I do most everything with are out-of-town, so I plan to have a quiet weekend to myself attacking my 500+ to-do’s and seeing a few friends. I’m actually looking forward to it.
Here is just a taste of my 3 day weekend to-do’s:
- Get a facial (today at 3:30pm .. yeah!!)
- Unpacking some final boxes (I’m down to the last four, I’ve committed to unpacking two of them)
- hang the final two blinds in the office
- pick up a few prescriptions
- pick up more vodka (here I come BevMo, I love you!)
- pick up more cat food
- figure out how to reduce my Astound cable/internet bill (or just switch to Comcast)
- Sell a few items on craigslist that I no longer need (if they don’t sell, off to goodwill they go, I have a no-clutter zone in my house)
- mail some stuff to my family
I know.. bet you are all jealous. In addition to my to-do’s, I have a few other activities with friends planned.
As most of you know, I have taken my profile off all the lam-o dating websites (Match.com back in March, POF in May). I heard something about a site called MillionaireMatch.com .. and I signed up. I opted for the free version, so I can only reach out to men who reach out to me first. Doesn’t bother me – every man I’ve reached out to has not worked out (if they even bothered to respond). I think men need to do the “hunting”, they enjoy the chase, that’s what interests them, so I’ll give that to them.
Anyway, here are the “outside of my house” activities I have planned:
- I have a date on Friday. Happy Hour with a gentleman from MM. I’m looking forward to it. Seems really nice and works in my industry – at least if there is no connection, we can go on (and on and on and on…) about software and work travel.
- I have tentative plans to have drinks with C-Licious on Saturday.
- Nothing on Sunday.. maybe I’ll get all my to-do’s done ??
- BBQ on Monday with my new girlfriend Peter, GFP. Yes, the only man who I’m friendly with from The Roster. Love this man.
I hope you all have a wonderful weekend and are able to spend some quality time with yourself, your family, and your friends. Enjoy the 3 day weekend! I know I will.
Ah the great days of summer. I have found summer is the best for just wonderful times with friends and loved ones. Living in Norway would be hard for me. It is a chance to return to our youth and those endless summer days we spent playing with our friends. Swimming, biking, playing ball games. Just heaven! Even if its just for a long weekend for us adults.
Having just spent a fantastic day with my wife, that reminded me of our dating days, I am still wallowing in the glow.
I hope your weekend is great while you cellibrate American Independance.
Be well H.S.