Gosh, what a bit of time off can do for your mental health.
I’m feeling much better. So happy to NOT be on an airplane right now. Sophie has been found – two ladies dropped her off Thursday night with the cat sitter. In this world, where its just me and the cats, I need help. Patti, my cat sitter has been like a second mother to my little ladies. I will forever be greateful for having her in my life and all her help.
I did not do much around the house or errand wise, instead, I took care of myself:
- I’ve gone running twice now and my body craves more. I love California – the fact that I can go running pretty much anytime is amazing. Who needs a therapist when there is the great outdoors and all thoughts, angst, and solutions just work themselves out?
- I spent time with great friends who are like family. They listened to me, talked with me, shared a meal and drank with me. God what a comforting feeling to be amongst good friends.
- I slept very well in my bed. My bed is the best ever …. I could stay in it all day, every day if I was independently wealthy…
I love having my home to come home to. Yes its still unorganized, and yes, there is a bunch of things to do (most of which I need help with – putting rugs under beds, bed skirts on beds, installing a new towel rack, medicine cabinet.. the list goes on and on), BUT its mine… its a place I can call home, where I can be safe, warm, and comfortable.
Yes, you can see, Paula is returning to her normal self. I have learned a lot about myself these last 3 weeks, the most important things are that:
- Even when I feel down and out, I’m still a strong and nice person,
- I have a really hard time asking for help, and
- dating is so new to me!
I have more to share on these topics, and when I get to a place where writing it all down helps me, I’ll share.
For those of you who reached out to me these last few days, thank you so much, it means a lot to me. Your kind, supportive words were exactly what I needed.