I know, you all miss me. I’ve been out-of-pocket because I’m out-of-town. I’m spending most of August in Hotlanta (and not because the guys are hot)… I’m in ATL for work (shameless plug for the fabulous (exKimpton) Marriott Renaissance Hotel)…. a great opportunity worth $$ if we can close it. However, there are several observations that I want to share with you:
- Unicorns is at home, in CA.. and I miss her every minute of every day that I’m gone. I want to be making dinner with her, creating jewelry, and catching up on life… talking, drinking wine, enjoying her company. Bums me out I’m missing out on that (although, we all know Unicorns is just fine without me and out and about entertaining herself)
- Life is so crazy right now that simple pleasures make me happy. Case in point:
Looks like I might have 2 dates this weekend – MM guy on Friday, and Middle Seat Airplane guy on Saturday. Yep, I’m a mover and a shaker… both of the men are on my roster.. yum!
- I’m so happy when I go to the bathroom and the toilet seat is up. It means I am the first one to go to the bathroom and I’m the first one on the toilet seat. It makes me smile and happy… What puts a bigger smile on my face is when I go back to the bathroom, I have to find another stall with the seat up… I love a good challenge. 😉
- I heard Barry Manilow on the radio at the restaurant I had lunch at yesterday.. It reminded me of th time I went to his concert with my mom and twin a lot of years ago… big smile.
I should be writing status to my manager… but I did not, I decided to give you’ll an update… I know, you feeling the love?!!?
O.k. my sleeping pill is kicking in… good night, sleep tight, and don’t let the bed bugs bite.
So, I missed my flight from Atlanta to SF today…. by minutes. AirTran (an airline I have nothing nice to say about) let me pay an extra $300 for the privilege of taking a later flight.. a much later flight. My new flight departs at 5pm.. takes me to Milwaukee, where I get on an 8pm EST flight .. and get home at 11pm PST. Yes, I arrive home exactly 12 hours later than expected, and I get to spend the entire day in the Atlanta airport.
Here are a few things I’ve observed during the lat 4 hours …
- Atlanta airport wireless connectivity sucks…. who do I complain to about this?
- I just saw a woman whip her kid with a belt… I stopped and stared her down.. She didn’t care… neither did anyone else. If you hit a kid in public, lord only knows what she does at home. Poor kid.
- So many young men in their army green camouflage uniforms. God they are so young.. they can’t possibly know the gravity of their decision to serve… Do people really trust the president to make life and death decisions for them?
- It is never attractive to wear clothing that has a name printed on the backside. Honestly, do you really want Juicy or Pink spread across your ass? If the answer is yes… Why?
- Just ate at Wendy’s for the first time in years.. when did I have a choice of chocolate or vanilla for a frosty? I thought a frosty was just a frosty…. I can’t ever remember having to make that decision before.
- Why does the Philipino man next to me keep staring at me? He’s actually put on sunglasses… I still feel him staring even though I can no longer confirm it..
- How do people wear short shorts and tight skirts on airplanes? Aren’t they afraid of catching something? I would be.
- Why is everyone so fat here? God I hope it isn’t in the water… I’ve been drinking a lot of water..
- There are also so many flamboyant gay people here. Not that there is anything wrong with it.. just surprises me. I thought all the gays were in CA.. kidding people!! 🙂
- I have 5 hours before my flight … Hope I make it thru security in time.
- Why do people have so much luggage? What stuff do they really need? What is it that they can’t live without?
- I still think I have a lot of alcohol running thru my veins… I just took another 800 mg ibuprofen to help with the headache (thanks mom!!).
- I wish there was a place I could go to take a nap.
- A girl just walked by with a dress so tight I could see her belly button.. not because the dress is see-thru, but because the dress was stretched so tight across her fat belly I could see, very clearly, that she has an innie. So gross.
I need to put together a page about my roster. Seems appropriate so we can all keep track of the men I’ve dated this year.