There are a bajillion things I should be doing other than what I am doing… What I should be doing is:
- out and about enjoying this amazing California sunshine
- running a bunch of errands
- doing my 2010 taxes
- doing my expenses
Instead, I decided that The Roster is nearly empty once again and I need to fill it back up. Empty why you may ask?
- MM Lebanese guy – he is traveling extensively this month.. I was out-of-town last month (in Hotlanta)… I like him, but its going to be a while before we have a chance to reconnect. Not sure if the distance makes someone grow fonder. In my experience it does not – its been more of an out-of-site-out-of-mind thing. I do hope he keeps in touch and calls when he returns, I would like to see him again. But I’m not going to hold my breath….
- Middle Seat Airplane guy – The beautiful black man I met on the airplane. Yum! Anyway, I’ll be in Boston later this month.. I sent him a witty email about my visit and asked him out. Yep, just went ahead and told him what I wanted – to see him again. We shall see what he does. If he doesn’t respond, I’m sad to say he will be off the roster.
- The Chef. I had lunch with him.. He is definitely interested. he finds me to be “one of a kind” – beautiful, kind, and sincere. I know, he should be a keeper. But you know, he calls me EVERYDAY. I feel stalked in a way… and maybe that’s because I don’t like him. 😦 I’ll have to do something about this one soon.
So what did I do to remedy this situation? Took charge. I’m a girl of action – I brought my online profiles back to life. I checked out MillionaireMatch.com and returned a few emails, I reactivated my POF.com account, and I signed up for OkCupid.com. I put the same profile and pictures on each site. Here are my thoughts on these sites as of today.
I love that there is a place to go and its about income. Now I can’t get very granular in my search (only look for people in the State of CA for example), but you have to state your income and its visible..and verifiable. I like this. I do NOT want to date anyone that makes less than me. So I really like this site for its honesty around finances. I’ve got two suitors that I’m emailing with… One lives in Southern California, another lives here in Northern California. I will definitely let you know if they turn into anything more substantial.
Why why why did I reactive my profile? I did a search for what I’m looking for, and it should not be at all shocking that most of the men that I saw months ago are the same ones that popped up. And the guys that have reached out to me with winks, kisses, or whatever the flirting method on POF is… well, not that attractive or interesting. There is one potential at this time – a man who I favorited actually wrote me and said he enjoyed my profile and would like to meet me. A man who took initiative. I like that. So the ball is in his court as they say and I will let you know if anything happens.
I thought I would try this site out. I like the interface, its easy and intuitive. I had initially done a search online and found one guy that I thought was adorable and had a great profile. So I registered, completed my profile, added pictures, then favorited him. THEN I read his profile. And as cute and adorable he is, he’s allergic to cats. I did send him an email letting him know I enjoyed his profile and a few other funny and witty comments. But I do mention in my profile that I have cats, so my guess is that as charming as I am, I will not hear from him. Bummer. For now I’m going to just hang out on OKCupid and see what comes to me…
Oh, and one last note, the advice on the website is that women keep their dating pool open, date several men.. sorta like a roster… I think OkCupid and I have the same philosophy on dating… 😉