It is Sunday night and I wanted to give a quick status update…
I started taking the Qsymia, I’m officially on Day 3 of treatment, but have only taken 2 days of medication. I have a 6 week treatment plan, identical to this one here. I am scheduled to visit with the doctor at my 6th week to review progress.
On the exercise front, I’m bumping it way up. Here is the schedule:
- Saturday – walk with friends
- Sunday – Zumba class
- Monday – Boxing class
- Tues – Bootcamp class
- Wed – Yoga
- * Thurs – Bootcamp
- Friday – NA
I’m traveling this week on Thursday and Friday so I’m not sure if Thursday’s class will happen, but you get the idea… I’ve not only have something scheduled, I have someone scheduled to do it with me. It really is the only way I’ll do it, especially if its in the early morning.. guilt is the only motivator for me before 8am…
With that, as of today, I’ve not lost any weight per say. Here is how I felt:
- Friday – so much energy. I took the pill around 7am, had boat loads of energy all day, and I had CRAZY dreams on Friday night! 4 dreams, 1 was a sex dream, all others included being enormously thirsty and not being able to drink enough water….
- Saturday – I opted out of taking it on Saturday. I did not feel hungry all day, did eat a little bit and felt extremely uncomfortable/bloated. I figured it was from all the water I “drank” in my dreams.
- Sunday – took the pill at 8am, did not feel hungry all day, I did do a Zumba class (loved it!), took a nap, ate very little, and had a few glasses of wine in the evening….
I’m not feeling any different mood wise, but I’m definitely NOT hungry.. even when my stomach growls from hunger, and I would normally want to eat (like after exercise), I dont feel it…. so if I do eat something, I eat less. LIke today, I had a cup of greek yogart and that was plenty. But, in general, eating hasn’t been my problem, lack of exercise has (or excess drinking.. I can’t tell), so I’m crossing my fingers that this opportunity has given me the kick in the butt I need to get active again.
O.k. I have a very early start to my day tomorrow. I hope this information was helpful…
Day 7 has come and gone.. I’m SO GLAD that this diet is over with! Again, not because the diet is a challenge food wise, but because the no drinking really hinders my social life.
The results of day 7… drum roll please… 4 ounces down.. for a 7 Day total weight loss of 3.5 pounds for the week. Not great given that some have experienced 10-17 pounds of lost weight… but I have officially lost all the weight I gained while working in Atlanta.
||Morn Weight (lbs)
||Daily Loss/ Gain
||# glasses of Water
||10 min walk
10 min abs
||40 min run
10 min abs
||60 min golf
||30 min low impact work
||60 min bar burn class
||40 min run
10 min abs
My thoughts on this diet:
- It’s not really a diet but a cleanse. I wouldn’t put much stock in losing weight on this plan UNLESS you plan to work out every day. The days that I worked out are the days that I actually lost weight.
- Eating Healthy is a lifestyle, not a diet. I love fruits and veggies, so this diet was pretty close to my lifestyle, and if you too eat mostly fresh fruits and veggies, you are more than halfway there.
- Carbs aren’t that hard to avoid. I love only a few carbs – tortilla chips is about the only thing I really missed.
- You have to exercise. As I mentioned a few times, the days I lost weight were the days I physically exerted myself…. to lose weight you have to exercise, period. I love to workout, but it became clear to me during the week that I’m not exercising enough IF I want to lose weight. I exercise enough if I want to maintain.
- Where does dairy fit into this plan? I don’t like milk so I drink soy milk, but I’d love to know where cheese, cottage cheese, and yogurt fit in? Are these things considered “bad” for you? Why are they not mentioned at all?
A friend of mine mentioned that he lost 30 pounds on the 17 day diet… I think that will be my next diet attempt. Like I stated before, I’d love to get down to 110… its my ideal weight – keeps enough meat on the bones but reduces the layer of fat that currently covers my muscles….. 🙂 . So I would need to lose 13 pounds (I’m now at 123, I was 120 at the first of the year)…
So today is Monday, Labor Day, and I’m going out with friends to enjoy the sunshine and have a few afternoon cocktails. I’m deliriously happy about it…