I spent the week in NYC God do I LOVE this city… so vibrant, energetic, exciting. It is true, the City never sleeps!
Isn’t the picture fabulous!?! Big thanks to JoeyBLS Photography for taking such a fabulous photo!
I was in town to visit with customers and help with a company event. In between, I had time to catch up with a very close friend. Here are my thoughts after processing the week.
- Arrived town and had dinner @ Artisanal Bistro with my good friend. The restaurant was delicious and it was so good to catch up in person! We ended up having a fabulous time… did I mention he is extremely handsome?!? I know, a bit of arm candy for Paula!!
- I stayed at the Tribeca Grand Hotel . It was a great hotel – gorgeous rooms, excellent customer service. I would consider myself lucky to stay there again. Picture is of the building that I could see from my room on the 8th floor.
- According to a customer of mine, my company’s only redeeming quality is a colleague of mine. I love my new team.
- NY men like to say, before they let it all out, that they are going to unleash it all, after all, they are “from NY”. Apparently being from NYC means you are open to tell it like it is. I LOVE the directness.
- There are a lot of non-white folks with white babies in this town. I know, I know, they are nannies and babysitters.
- Kids walk in NYC (well, really pulled by their parents really). Parents don’t slow down for their kids, their kids keep up. Kids do not set the pace in NYC, the parents (or babysitters) do. Certainly helps keep the pace and reduces the number of abrupt stops while walking through the City.
- And I’ve not seen a “double wide” stroller as of yet…. People stack their kids on top of each other. Love it. There should be room on the sidewalk for everyone, it is not for people who want to hog sidewalks with their buggies.
- Women are very fashionable in NYC, men are so put together and handsome. I like that people dress up, don’t do everything in casual attire.
I loved the trip. I’m so happy that I have customers in NYC, and that I get to go to this fabulous city on a regular basis. Yeah me!
I will have to learn to pace myself though, I’m home today, Saturday night, nursing a cold… I’ve fallen sick with all the party-ing and lack of sleep… I’ll catch up just in time for work on Monday.