So, I’ve taken Today and tomorrow, Thursday and Friday as “PTO”, Personal Time Off . I still need to work a little bit, largely due to my OCD…. I have to do it. I can’t not do it, which intrigues me – I’m so tired of working, soooo tired of working nights and weekends…. I finally get a few days off, and I work. I know why – I know it will make a difference. And my name is on it. I’m only as good as my work. I DO NOT, will not deliver shoddy, less than perfect work. Thus, my working during my PTO.
I’m in Utah now, staying at my parents house (I love my parents, I can’t even remember why I didn’t like them anymore). The plan was to attend AbFab’s college graduation ceremony on Saturday. I just found out today that there won’t be one. I’m not disappointed for myself – I get to spend time with AbFab in a less structured environment.. but I’m disappointed for her. I really wanted her to go thru the ceremony. She has worked very hard to complete this program (she’s a Pharmacy Tech, works at a local hospital, mixing and dispensing meds to patients, how cool is that?!?!?). I wanted her to experience an “end” of her hard work.. to solidify the end and a new beginning… This is just my want for her, she seems to be fine with her choices so I’ll move on.
Friday night I’m spending the evening with LilDarlin. We are going to paint our nails and watch movies. I’m also going to set her up with new, cool, music… That was her Xmas wish – to spend an evening with Auntie “Paula”… not a thing, not money, but time with the coolest Aunt in the World. I know, makes your heart melt doesn’t it?!?
Alright, enough about work and family, here are the few random thoughts:
- Went out with my Utah Realtor last night (Thursday). He had on a ‘skin’ vest.. very similar to the one I wrote about in a previous blog – Date With My Utah Realtor. The funny thing is we ended up hanging out with two very cool girls who commented on his vest. I couldn’t stop thinking about telling my blog fans about it (who else can I share it with?!?)
- I just searched my own website for the link for the above blog and I realized that I’m now the first google search return for Paulas Ponderings (I wasnt before… ). I also realize that I can’t search my own blog for links.. bullshit I tell you. I’ll change that if I can.
- Utah is so beautiful – a gorgeous state. If they could get over the mormon thing, seperate chuch and state, Utah would be the new California
- I’m done with Law and Order SVU. I stil like Law and Order, I’m just done with the whining and crying of the victims. For those of you who respond with anger… I get it… .. but if you continue to support the victim mentality, you will get a victim. Done with victims..
- I got my hair colored, it looks fabulous, I look fabulous. I really like my new colorist/stylist… but she works next to the person I’ve been going to for years (they work at the same salon, and in my defense I ONLY went to her because my colorist/stylist was not available multiple times)… still, when I had my color done with the new gal on Wednesday, my original gal was there… a tiny bit uncomfortable.
Regarding the house, I’m working on a purchase contract. ATrain is helping me with it. The lender did not call ATrain, me, or the realtor today…. he is a friend of ATrains. ATrain says if he doesn’t call back or call the agent to pull a contract together that we can work different avenues (meaning I get to find someone)… Its strange having someone ‘help’ me – I didn’t ask for the help, I really don’t know how to ask for help, ATrain offered. If it works out I wil be forever grateful.
Alright. Enough updating. I’m exhausted. Ill write more later. Have a great Friday everyone.