So, I had a fabulous weekend. I spent the night in the great city of San Francisco with my best girlfriends. It was a Sex In the City weekend, but we were keeping it PG-13 … the Queen tells her kids that she is watching Love in The City (she has two boys… ).. so thus, a Love In The City Weekend for all of us fabulous gals!
We went in on Saturday, shopped, cocktailed, dined, and danced the night away… so many great things happened, the highlights are below:
- Our Accommodations were lovely. The Prescott Hotel. Love this hotel – the rooms are small, but have a lot of character AND the staff are just so damn nice and the location is perfect for our outing. We stayed on the club level floor… and had all the perks that movie stars receive. My only recommendation to you as a guest is to bring your own toilet paper. The toilet paper is awful. My advice to Prescott, UPGRADE YOUR TP!!!! It shouldn’t be so bad given that you are a more upscale boutique hotel.
- My friends are awesome. Lordy, these ladies are a good time. We shared stories, laughed a ton, and just reconnected. We do these get-togethers once or twice a year, and they are absolutely the most fulfilling and fun trips.
- Adventures were to be had. Boy o’ boy we ladies know how to have a good time!! If you ever run into me, ask me about the following:
- “I want VIP, I’ve got $50”. This is the exact statement said by one of the ladies as we regrouped to figure out what we were doing next. She said it the hotel concierge – at midnight… he actually volunteered to walk us to a club a few blocks away to make sure we got VIP treatment. 🙂 We did NOT go to this club…
- Pizza, Pizza, Pizza. One of the ladies was starving and demanded pizza. Which is great – she needs to eat (if she wasn’t so damn nice, you would hate her because she is so damn beautiful and has a very slender, lanky, perfect body). Anyway, we went to eat pizza… at midnight. The funniest thing about this is that the next morning, she joined us for breakfast, she said, “whose bright idea was it to go eat another meal at midnight”? Ummm… yeah… we had to let her know, after we all snorted coffee out of noses when we burst out laughing, that it was indeed her bright idea.
- Dancing Queens. I love my dear friend Jewels. She and I are always up for a good dance. Doesn’t matter where we are or what the style of dance is… I can count on her to get out on the dance floor and cut a rug with me. I’ve always thought that the floor isn’t just for couples or people who have dates.. it’s for everyone. Even the single girl who loves to dance! Jewels feels the same – no need to wait for someone to ask – move it, shake it, white-board it!! 🙂
I will write when I feel like it. I’m tired… it was a long day today. Good news is that I found a pair of fabulous sexy shoes (on sale at a discount designer clothing store… o.k. peeps, its Loehmanns! I love this store) and my front lawn sprinklers are working again. Saved the grass in the nick of time!