I wasn’t sure what to title this post as I have been gone forever.. only writing now because I have a few minutes AND I’m not completely
bitchy grumpy (thank you G.G Dirty for teaching me the ways of subliminal aka strikeout).
I think this might be the first night I’ve had to myself in six months. I should be working, unpacking, organizing.. you name it, it should be happening, I should be doing it. Instead, I’m doing what I love to do .. write. So many things are going on in my head, this post will be a dyslexics/multiple personality dream come true. So, being that I’m OCD, I’ll bullet every thought…
Diet/Exercise/Health.. blah blah blah
- I stopped taking Qsymia immediately after starting it.. As much as I want to be skinny (and I really really do), this drug made me feel like I was having a heart attack. I had to stop it… or risk losing my life. Which I’m o.k. with (losing my life) except that I don’t have a living will in place and I want to make sure that all my financial plans have the appropriate beneficiaries (NOT my ex).
- I have lost 4 pounds in the last month. My motivation is clear – I will not be the short fat friend at my friend’s wedding in September. And honestly, I’m sick and tired of being fat and tired. I’ve just stopped eating everything – I eat half of what I’m served… . And I’ve cut out carbs for the most part. That is all I’ve done. I wish I could say I’ve been eating healthier, exercising more.. but it would all be a lie. I need to exercise just to clear my head, but alas, I’ve still not been able to do it given my work commitments.
- I am actually craving a workout. I’m desperate to get away from work… I’m willing to do anything, even if that means exercise. My body needs it, my head needs it.
State of Mind and other Uninteresting Topics
- I’ve moved into a new apartment with my boyfriend. Its great in so many ways. The move wasn’t easy but we did it well together, his ying to my yang, yada yada. … My boyfriend is so good to me – treats me like a queen, would do anything for me….. but god damn it if I don’t think about My Mr. Big every F-U-C-K-I-N-G day. What is wrong with me? I have a great guy who treats me so well, takes such good care of me, but every time I see a BMW 750 IL (doesn’t even matter what color these days) I think of him. The man retreated from my life without notice, never to appear again (at least hasn’t tried to make contact in the last 2+ years that I’m aware of). I am well aware of the good and bad we shared. In my 42 years of life, what I shared with My Mr. Big was unique and special… It’s not that I’m not over it, it’s just that I would like to experience it again. I loved the feeling of being cherished while cherishing that same someone. That unique connection, that apparently I only felt… but still, I want to feel that again.
- I’ve got a serious case of “the envies”. I am no fun to be with. Everyone else’s life seems easier to me right now. I am so heavy with responsibility, with financial weight, with physical weight (see topic above)… I’m just so sick of myself and envious of those that are skinny, thin, don’t have to work, are supported by trust funds, rich husbands, or in general don’t have to work a 16 hour workday (yes, those of you who are union who complain about an 8 hour day, go somewhere else, I can’t hear you).
- In addition to the above, I have nothing going on hobby wise.. I have no time for my jewelry making, for catching up with friends, for exercising, for anything other than sleep. My new sewing machine is still sitting in the box that I received it in from Amazon in January. As my mom used to say, “if you don’t have anything nice to say, say nothing at all”… I’m only silent when I’m not drinking… which unfortunately for me (and the rest of you) has been too much of my time.
In general, I’m a Pissy Patty.. a Negative Nelly… a Bitter Betty… I’m no fun to be with. I don’t even like myself right now. If I could take a shower and rinse myself of myself (shit, I scrub myself raw to get out of this skin), I would do it….
How do I get out of this funk? How does a person wake up one day and choose to see a glass half full? I’ve been trying, making a concerted effort to think about it every day… but god damn, if at the end of every day, I don’t think to myself that a) “that was wishful thinking”, and b) “when is my head going to become dislodged from my ass”?
What is it that tips the scale that pushes someone to just give up and not care vs. waking up and giving it one more shot (one more day)? When I wake up, I’d love to just go back to sleep and not wake up….. but I drag myself out of bed, get myself ready for work, and get another day under my belt… When will I start caring about what I’m doing vs. just going through the motions? Is it the job? Is it my relationship? Is it my situation? What tugs at your heart-strings? Your health strings? Whats important to your life, how do you know it, and how do you keep track of it, stay on top of it?
One last thing, a few posts ago I said I knew how to use Facebook. I lied. I don’t get it. I tried to change my picture from a half hotdog to a real picture and it didn’t work. I give up.
Oh, and one more thing. I live walking distance to downtown San Mateo, CA. Outside my window I can hear a guy walking home a drunk girl. He is being really nice, asking her where she lives… .. she’s not sure what block her house is on. So I ask you, whose fault is that? This girl is too stupid to know NOT to get too drunk that she can’t walk to her own house/condo/home? I am just disgusted with her… stupid girl. If I see this girl on Maury Povich in 10 years and doesn’t know the father of her baby, I get it. She set herself up.
Nope, stupid girl isn’t going to be my last thought for tonight. I’m grateful for my wonderful cats. The transition to the new house has been almost seamless. You know why? Because they thing I was most worried about – the cats – has caused me zero worry. They have taken the move in stride and are as comfortable here, in the new condo, in a more condensed area, as they were spread out at the Big Casa. They are the best pets/kids anyone could ever ask for. I’m lucky they picked me and stuck with me!! Now I just have to worry that they will stay with me…..