I really like the soup that I made for this diet. I altered it slightly to add more flavor and it came out sooo delicious. I can see myself continuing to make this soup even after the diet is long over. This recipe has made enough for 4-6 bowls, depending on the size of your bowls.
GM Diet Wonder Soup Recipe – Paula’s Version
- Olive oil – about a tablespoon
- Vinegar – about a tablespoon (I used red wine vinegar)
- Onion – 1 medium sized – chopped
- Carrot – 1 small – chopped
- 5-6 cloves of garlic, chopped
- Green Pepper (Capsicum) – one half – chopped
- Tomatoes – 1 large sized – chopped
- Cabbage – one quarter – sliced
- 1 envelope Liptons Onion Soup Mix
- Water – 4+ cups (to taste)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Sriracha Hot Chili Sauce to taste
- Saute the onion and carrot in the olive oil and vinegar until golden.
- Add the garlic and green pepper and fry some more.
- Add the tomato, water, and Lipton’s soup mix and bring to a boil.
- Add the cabbage and close lid to cook (about 10 min)
- Add a squirt or two of the Hot Chili Sauce (to taste)
- Sprinkle pepper to taste (I didn’t use salt because of the Lipton Onion Soup Mix has enough in it)
- Simmer on very low boil for a few a bit more until an awesome aroma arises.
- Stir occasionally, add as much water you need.
- Eat.. Its delicious!
After making this, You could easily use low/no salt vegatable stock for the water, more garlic (I don’t think there can ever be too much garlic), add other peppers (orange and red), jalepenos (for heat), etc.. I may even make this soup again and add beef for the days that I can eat beef (days 5 and 6)..
Anyway, if you are giving the diet a shot – good luck.
My brother recommended I may like this web site. He was once entirely
right. This publish truly made my day. You cann’t imagine just how so much time I
had spent for this information! Thanks!
Funny, I made it just like this before seeing your version.. the only thing I did in addition is add cilantro and green onion.. some people dont care for them, but if you do its a great addition.