So, my family right now consists of myself and my two very adorable cats. I’ve been a little bit more open about my family lately, to the dismay of my coworkers.
I don’t get out much, by choice. What I do like to do is stay home and hang out with my little girls, Sophie and Zoey. What surprises me is how much I talk to them. I’ve been doing it for a while now (I’m sure my soon-to-be-ex would say its since day one), but today I got caught on a business call talking to one of the cats. Heres the situation: Zoey was scratching at the door, wanting to come in.. and when I opened the door, she just sat there… not really wanting to come in, just wanting the option available to her (which I totally get). I think I said something like “get in here baby… come on… tsss tsss”…and she finally saunters in (adorable!!).
So here I am, admitting that I do indeed talk to my cats like they are human, and today I realize that I might be a little over the top with it. Here are a few things I discussed with the ladies just today:
- When they come when called, when they listen to my requests – “Oh, that’s mommy’s very good girl!”
- Whenever I see them – “Who loves you? Your mommy loves you!”
- When one growls (Sophie is a growler) – “Don’t be grumpy, be happy!”
- When they start fighting – “Hey there, now now… all we have is each other, so stop fighting and start loving!”
- When they share their hunger pains with me, which without fail begins at 3:59pm – “Hey ladies, I know you are hungry, but give mommy a minute, please?”
- When I see them out the window, sitting in the street, I open the front door and holler – “Get out of the road, don’t you know cars drive through here?!”
- When we are in the bathroom – “Quit wasting the toilet paper, you think this stuff grows on trees?!?”
Sound familiar those of you who are parents??? Ummm hmmmm ?!?
So yes, I have become the crazy cat lady. But i’m o.k. with that – they love me, I love them. Our family is different… but we do have each other, and that’s something.
Look at them, aren’t they JUST ADORABLE?? 🙂