Today was another day. A day that was better than yesterday. It is also a day that I did not go into work – I called in sick. Even though I called in sick I still have work to do – I worked a few hours and have a bit more to do tonight, but I didn’t have the energy to get myself ready or see other people. But that isn’t what this post is about, this post is about today – another day, which was better than yesterday. Not to say it was all good, it was just better than yesterday.
So I’ve only almost cried 6 times today. Not fully cried, just almost cried – you know, tears well up and you swallow them or force them to go away. I did also see ATrain – we had lunch. We went to our favorite place. We had a good time – it was so good to see him. He looks good, as always. We didn’t talk about anything important. I think we are both in a too-sensitive place right now (or at least I am). We did talk about:
- his plans this week – Monday/tonight he is visiting his son, Tuesday he has an event, he is busy busy all week..
- his project ending (March 3rd) and the celebrating he will do …
- his new yacht trip (he just got back and has another one planned – it’s part of his 10 days a month on vacation goal and its part of the celebration, see point #1)
- his pending trip to France for the Tour de France
As much as I wanted to know about his weekend, what he did/who he was with, tell him how much I missed him, I did not. I really do not want to know where he was or who he was with. So the part of “being friends” where you share everything and anything, well, I’m not there yet.
So what did I do today while I wasn’t working? Thinking. Here is what I decided today:
- Time to make my place a home. Even though I don’t have the money, I’m going to splurge on a new rug, a new duvet, a new vacuum, and a new TV (mine is 25″, I want a 40″ AND one manufactured in the last 10 years). My goal this year was to not buy anything so that I could pay off my CC debt… which I can do by the end of the year IF I don’t spend. But I’m going to be in the space I’m in for another year, so I may as well make it everything I want it to be.
- See a counselor. My work healthcare offers me the opportunity to see someone up to 8 times at no cost. There is so much I need to learn about myself, why not just do it?
- Get physically active. I need to get moving if I’m going to lose weight. I signed up for a 6 week fat blast class. My interview for the class is this Wednesday. Yes, interview. They don’t take just anyone because they want to take pictures and use it as promotional materials. Cross your fingers for me that I get in. If not, I’ll figure something else out.
- Get my carpets cleaned. Not like that you dirty minded folks! 😉 I actually have a few area rugs that need to be cleaned and stored safely. Part of me wants to get rid of them, but I’m just not ready to part with them. So I will get them cleaned and stored properly. So when I do move into a house they fit into I can make the decision then.
While I was working on not feeling sorry for myself, I thought of a few ideas that are fun, that I’d like to make happen, but are long shots:
- Finally start that Cat Channel on YouTube. The one where I record Sophie and Zoey, my two crazy furry babies, edit the film, and post their antics online. Who doesn’t want another cat channel??
- Start Sewing again. A year ago I bought a sewing machine and some fabric to make my own pillows. Project hasn’t started yet.. what am I waiting for right?? By “again”, I mean the last time I was in front of a sewing machine was in college, which was over 20 years ago!
- Begin my modge-podge crafts. Yes, a year ago I bought modge-podge and had all these crafts I wanted to create.. I’ve got so many ideas, so many “things” socked away in storage that I want to create. So many modge-podge ideas, so little time! Once I get myself put back together, I may be blogging about DIY crafts. I know, you can’t wait can you?!?! 😉
- Create more lists. I am unable to keep track of myself unless I put a list together, so why not post the lists publicly so I can know where they are?!? I know, a fabulous idea. I’ve started with a new page called My Favorites. I’ll continue to update it as I remember, see, or do things..
- Paleo. I’m loving my paleo lifestyle and I plan to keep track of it here on this blog. All my Paleo favorites are listed on my new Paleo References page.
- Drink more wine. Just kidding, it is not possible!! ha ha, gotcha. 🙂
I think that is it. There are two more things I want to share but I feel they deserve a log of their own..