The results of day 7… drum roll please… 4 ounces down.. for a 7 Day total weight loss of 3.5 pounds for the week. Not great given that some have experienced 10-17 pounds of lost weight… but I have officially lost all the weight I gained while working in Atlanta.
|Day||Date||Day||Morn Weight (lbs)||Daily Loss/ Gain||Total Loss||# glasses of Water||Daily Activity|
|1||29-Aug||Mon.||126.1||8||10 min walk
10 min abs
|2||30-Aug||Tues.||124.1||(2.0)||(2.0)||8||40 min run
10 min abs
|3||31-Aug||Wed.||123.6||(0.5)||(2.5)||7||60 min golf|
|4||1-Sep||Thurs.||123.6||0.0||(2.5)||9||30 min low impact work|
|5||2-Sep||Fri.||123.7||0.1||(2.4)||10||60 min bar burn class|
|7||4-Sep||Sun.||123.0||0.0||(3.1)||7||40 min run
10 min abs
My thoughts on this diet:
- It’s not really a diet but a cleanse. I wouldn’t put much stock in losing weight on this plan UNLESS you plan to work out every day. The days that I worked out are the days that I actually lost weight.
- Eating Healthy is a lifestyle, not a diet. I love fruits and veggies, so this diet was pretty close to my lifestyle, and if you too eat mostly fresh fruits and veggies, you are more than halfway there.
- Carbs aren’t that hard to avoid. I love only a few carbs – tortilla chips is about the only thing I really missed.
- You have to exercise. As I mentioned a few times, the days I lost weight were the days I physically exerted myself…. to lose weight you have to exercise, period. I love to workout, but it became clear to me during the week that I’m not exercising enough IF I want to lose weight. I exercise enough if I want to maintain.
- Where does dairy fit into this plan? I don’t like milk so I drink soy milk, but I’d love to know where cheese, cottage cheese, and yogurt fit in? Are these things considered “bad” for you? Why are they not mentioned at all?
A friend of mine mentioned that he lost 30 pounds on the 17 day diet… I think that will be my next diet attempt. Like I stated before, I’d love to get down to 110… its my ideal weight – keeps enough meat on the bones but reduces the layer of fat that currently covers my muscles….. 🙂 . So I would need to lose 13 pounds (I’m now at 123, I was 120 at the first of the year)…
So today is Monday, Labor Day, and I’m going out with friends to enjoy the sunshine and have a few afternoon cocktails. I’m deliriously happy about it…